Search

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yay it's March, now bring on spring!!!

We have mostly been hanging out at home this last week. Here is Faith enjoying one of her very favorite activities, drawing.

Have you noticed that I've updated the "about us" section over on the right? I also changed the music to some songs about family life and growing kids. I totally relate to the lyrics of "Just Another Day in Paradise" (click on the titles to read them). My friend Rachel Hood mentioned in her blog hearing "You're Gonna Miss This" and I just had to put it on here. And a new one that Tony just showed me the video of (be forewarned, it's a tear jerker if you have a daughter), "Cinderella." I also have "And Then They Do," at the bottom of the list. Listen for awhile to get to it, or you can click on the songs individually at the very bottom of the blog (scroll ALL the way down, just above the map).I hope you liked my selections about kids last week, I especially love "Let them Be Little."


Faith is the greatest big sister! She is such a helper, I don't know what I'd do without her!! She's going to be the best mom ever.



I just had to take a picture of this, even though Tony thinks it's gross. For some reason, one half of a cut onion got tossed into the pantry behind some stuff and I just came across it the other day. I have no idea how long it's been in there, probably a month or two. I can't believe that after being cut in half, getting moldy, and without any light or water, it grew into such a big plant!



Here's Christian at the sink . . . again. It sure keeps him busy, though. I use it as my secret weapon when I need to get something done and he's extra clingy.




A cute succession of photos that I got when I was trying to get the kissy pic for the blog header:



.
.
.
.
And the adorable smiles that melt my heart!
.
.
.
.
.
.
We had a fun afternoon at McDonald's on Friday with Ann & her kids and Natalie & her kids. The little ones had a great time and us moms got in a much needed chat, I can't wait until next time!
.
Faith got to go to a sleep over with her cousin Zach at Tony's parents that night after we met Lana & Tammy at Arctic Circle (yep, fast food lunch and dinner that day). Faith got to make a cute Easter craft foam project, go to one of Zach's Junior Jazz games, and then play some Ski Ball at the arcade.

Here is my second digital scrapbooking layout:
.

I don't know if you can click on it for a larger version or not. Last time I said that, my mom pointed out that it didn't work! Anyway, I'm totally addicted to "digiscrapping" and am having a great time with my new hobby. I even made a PURCHASE and spent ACTUAL MONEY! Nine dollars and ten cents, and even though it killed me to do it, I love the kits I got. What is really amazing is how much neat stuff I've gotten for free!


Here is my adorable little sleepyhead.

With my camera doing worse and worse (now the internal battery won't stay charged) I've been taking less pictures, but

.
my friend Carolyn gave me a great idea that she saw on one of her friend's blogs. I think she called it a "blast from the past" or something like that. I thought it would be fun to put on some old photos and pages from my infamous old scrapbook.

I'm not exactly sure when this picture of Faith was taken, I guess my camera batteries had died and when I replaced them I forgot to set the date. The date on the picture (which I cropped out) had the year as 1994. I think it is from spring '03 and she is just younger than Christian is now.


And just to show that Faith wasn't always a complete angel, here is this one of her proudly displaying her artwork on her giant art pad . . . and the floor . . . and her hands & face!! She sure looks happy about it, I know that I was happy that the markers were Crayola washables ;)


And now on to the really embarassing stuff, an old scrapbook layout. Just to surprise all of you, I managed to find one not featuring our pets!!!!
.
Here are Tony and I at one of the only two high school dances I went to (both girl's choice). This spring formal was not fun, as we had to wait forever in a hot, claustro- phobic hallway for most of it just to get this picture. We did have a fun dinner at my house beforehand where little Joy waited on us and a video party at my friend Liz's afterward.
.
So, did you like this little trip down memory lane? Please leave your response, or any and all requests in the comments section (Mom--you just click your little mouse arrow on the word "comments" at the end of the post. You're welcome. He he!)

1 comment:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

Oh boy I had so much fun at McDonald's just hanging out and laughing........ You are so funny and you have such a fun family. And you do NOT look like Joan Cusac!!!! You're hilarious!!!!!