Search

Popular Posts

Saturday, March 22, 2014

February 2014

Skittles gets so excited when the kids get home from school! Here's a little hello to her favorite Buddy on February 1st.

 On the morning of Groundhog Day we celebrated with a little pancake action.

Even Tony was forced to get in on the fun!

That afternoon was the Super Bowl and we brought Sirui, oodles of hot wings and the chocolate fountain over to Joy and Jordon's for a celebration.


 Since we were busy with football and commercials the night before, we had to keep on celebrating the groundhog on the 3rd. For lunch we had hotdog groundhogs coming out of mashed potato mounds, and chocolate pebbles krispy treat groundhogs.

That evening we watched the Groundhog Day movie and I made porcupine meatball groundhogs on green bean almandine mounds for dinner.

Here's the invitation that I made for our "it's great to be eight" baptism preview:

And here we are attending on the 9th. Christian is so excited!

We were a bit late getting them completed, but our pop-up groundhog cookies were EPIC! Totes the bomb.com! The mound is a no bake (chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal) cookie, and the Tootsie Roll groundhogs can hide down in and then pop out with a little help from your finger!!

 I had previously asked a few weeks before if the kids wanted to work on some homemade valentines. There was not much of a response, so I was just going to pick up some store-bought ones. At the last minute, the kids decided they had to have something more creative, and I found an idea on Pinterest for Christian which we copied.
My fingers hurt from tying all of these tiny balloons, but Christian helped assemble them and it only took us most of the night. Here's the picture underneath:

Faith found and implemented her own gum valentine idea, and I only helped with the little bit of the cutting.

If I had known that doing creative Valentines one year would set a precedent for every following year, I would have said it was a "sixth grade only" perk! :) Here is our kitchen at 11:30 that night--

I had signed up to help out with both kids' Valentine's Day parties, and came up with an idea for a treat station which was a little different than the usual cookie or cupcake decorating--I did a "valentine love potion" bar! Each kid got a cup with vanilla ice cream and then they could add their choice of clear, pink or red soda, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, maraschino cherries, sprinkles, and sour powder. Faith loves cute labels so I made up a few to go on some of the items.

It was a big hit! Unfortunately the boys tended to keep adding sour powder until theirs became inedible, and then would dare each other to drink it, but other than that it was a lot of fun.

The room mother for Christian's class had to go out of town and so she put me in charge of his party. I made sure that all of the people who had signed up were ready with their stations, but the day before, found out that the craft mom was leaving town. Not only had she not found a sub, but she didn't even have an idea or supplies for the craft! I ended up cutting a million hearts out of construction paper late that night (till 2 am, then got up for work at 6) and had a sheet of ideas for animals that the kids could create out of them. Everything worked out fine and the craft was fun, but it sure made for a stressful couple of days. Here is my suggestion sheet on the left and the penguin that Christian made at the party.

Christian's class also loved making their potions, and enjoyed the printed activities that I brought (for something to keep them busy while they were eating their treat) more than the sixth-graders did.

That night Tony brought us yummy Mo' Bettah Steaks for dinner and See's chocolate hearts for dessert. Tammy and Lana ding-dong ditched the kids with these cute treats.

I saw this on the Internet the next day and said that Tony should've given it to me for Valentine's Day :)

On the 15th we went to a baby shower for Jason and Athena. The activity was decorating bibs and onesies for baby Riley. I wanted to do something with a "gamer" theme because of their interests, so I made this:

And I found all of these cute ideas online:

The kids each did a super cute job!


No comments: