Search

Popular Posts

Friday, August 21, 2009

pioneer party

On July 16th we had a Pioneer Day party with our friends. We actually missed the beginning of the party where they fed the ducks at Layton Commons Park because we were making freezer salsa at a Relief Society thing. But we made it just in time to tour the Layton Heritage Museum!


































Christian threw a fit when a curator told him not to touch the antiques, but other than that we had a fun time seeing all the displays.





I think the weirdest are the old blow dryer and perm machine!







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After the museum, we headed to our house to eat pizza and breadsticks from The Pizza Place. I hadn't tried theirs before, yum!!
.
For an activity/treat, I had the kids pull salt water taffy. They were so funny, they got pretty annoyed that it was sticky in their hands :)


.
.
I was doling out the taffy and had sticky hands myself, but Natalie got these awesome shots of Christian's attempt.
.
.
.
.
I pulled a lot of it and we enjoyed it all the rest of the afternoon. It turned out so yummy! I've made taffy many times before, but it had been years and years. Yet another recipe I'll have to post soon.
We sure had a lot of fun that day with our friends!

1 comment:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

That was a really fun day and the taffy was awesome!!! Thanks for the super fun summer and for always being the planner and hostess :) Good luck with school next week and with your new preschool adventure!!!