Search

Popular Posts

Monday, August 3, 2009

Kids say the darndest things . . .

I forgot to mention some funny things that happened over the last month, mainly because I didn't have pictures of them to remind me!

On Father's day when I was making the cupcakes for our hamburger treats, I let Christian play with an extra cupcake liner after he put the rest in the muffin tin. I saw him pointing to my baking cabinet and saying "Abba-ca-dabba sprinkles!" He then looked at his empty hand and dejectedly sighed and said, "Oh, I not magic." He looked like he was ready to cry! On previous cupcake making occasions he had gotten into the habit of filling a cupcake paper with sprinkles and then eating them on his finger. I guess he thought that since I was busy baking and he wasn't tall enough to reach that he could just "abracadabra" them down off the shelf :)

The kids are always obsessed with popcicles, but this summer their addiction has seemed worse than normal. Christian has started making his own with juice or kool aid in little plastic cups with a spoon as the stick. The bottom of my freezer is always packed with these and sometimes fall out when you open it! A few weeks ago he came to me with one of his creations because he was having trouble extracting it from the cup. I ran some hot water over it and it poppep out with a little tug. I stood there for a minute staring at it as I held the spoon handle in my hand. It was strange looking--tan on top, clear in the middle and whitish on the bottom. "What kind of popsicle is this?" I asked him. He very proudly replied, "Wheat fins and water!"

Buddy is getting to be a pretty good little talker, but sometimes he mispronounces words so badly that I can't figure out what he's saying. When I repeat what he said and then guess at words that I think he might mean, he repeats himself more slowly, loudly and enunciating each syllable more. He gets so frustrated with me! After the fourth or fifth try, he's shouting and overenunciating so badly and you can tell by his facial expression that he's thinking, "Come on, dummy! I can't make it any clearer for you, you dunce!"

Lastly, I do have one funny Faithy story. Faith was getting ready one day and as she came into my bathroom I could see that in addition to her snazzy outfit she had on lipgloss, some glitter spray in her hair and smelled like fruity lotion. I asked her if she was ready to go and she said, "Almost. I just need some ear pickers to put on my eyeshadow." I just about died laughing! She, of course, was just out of the Q-tips in her bathroom that she uses as makeup applicators.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What funny stories! I especially loved the "wheat fins & water" and "ear pickers."

We definitely need to get together soon to hang out. You call Jenn & tell her it's her turn to plan it! :)