Search

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

some March happenings

A tiny wooden basketball hoop? Sounds weird, but the kids loved this Lowe's project on March 13th. Christian even figured out all the directions himself by looking at the pictures!

Faith continues to love drawing temporary tatoos on herself. How can I be mad when she does such an amazing job?


On the 17th Faith got her top braces on and a soft pallette expander (the metal bar across the roof of her mouth). Every morning and night I had to twist the screw in the middle to slowly break apart her soft pallette and expand the room she has for teeth in her mouth (giant eeek!). Luckily, Faith didn't find it too painful, but hated the twisting tool because it pressed down on the back of her tongue and made her gag. My brave little baby! After two weeks of expanding, the orthodontist is going to lock it in place and it will act as a cast as her pallette grows back and heals.


We were fortunate that my mom brought us corned beef and cabbage on that Monday night, so I made green crepes for dinner. Happy St. Patrick's day!

On the 18th Buddy was extra wild and crazy while I tried to help in Faith's classroom.

The next day we went with them on a field trip to Apple Village where they sang and played ukeleles after reading to the grandparents. Here's "Skip to my Lou"



and "The Doughnut Song".



Next we went to Kaysville Theater. Here we are upstairs in the projection room learning all about film.

We even got to watch some cartoons on the big screen!
After that, we walked a few doors down to a shoe repair shop. We got to see the owner use his giant industrial sewing machine to fix Mrs. Bertram's purse.
Just a few doors down from that is the Clytie Adams Ballet Studio. Faith's classmate's mom is a teacher there and we got to check it out inside.

Later that day I had Faith open a gift my mom had left for when her braces were hurting her. My mom's so cute, she drew braces on some smilie face stickers to decorate the box! It was a mama and baby horse charm for her charm bracelet.

On the 20th the kids helped me make a special breakfast of pop up pancakes. They were so easy, fun and delicious!! I got the recipe here.
.
Pop Up Pancakes makes 24
.
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash salt
.
Preheat oven at 400° and grease muffin tins. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend well. Pour batter into muffin tins evenly (only fill each one a centimeter or so full). Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. Let cool for a few minutes and they will shrink down in the middle. Use a knife to pry them out and enjoy with fruit or syrup.
.
.
I also made mushroom cheese omelets to go with them.
The pancakes make perfect little cups for fruit. Faith put syrup on her second one and said that was the best because it could hold a lot more than regular pancakes (ick)!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Way to go Faith for being so brave with the soft palette expander, it sounds painful!!

My friend gave me this same recipe for German Pancakes. The only difference is we make it a 9x13 and it rises about 6 inches above the pan. I am going to try it in the muffin tins, I love how it holds the toppings; ours is always really messy!