Search

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Faith's Baptism

On January 2, 2010 Faith was baptized and confirmed by her dad. It was a wonderful day and an amazing experience. I can't believe that my little girl who I always call "Baby" is already so old! I was the chorister for the program and there were talks by the second counsilor of our bishopric, Brother Durham, and the primary president, Sister Kilgore. We then went to the font and Faith was baptized first.
There were three other boys from our ward getting baptized as well, so that gave us a few minutes to dry Faith's hair. Actually, we were still the last ones back to the chapel and they had to wait for us! Tony gave her the most beautiful blessing with her confirmation and Faith just beamed afterward.


We then invited all the family back to our house for a luncheon. Tony picked up a giant platter of Chick-fil-A nuggets for the main course and everyone else was nice enough to bring a salad or treat.

Setting up with my sister, Joy.

Faith with her cousins, Alaura & Celeste (my sister Sarah's girls).

Great food!

Chatting with Tony's oldest sister, Tina.

Tony, Joy's husband Jordan (in the background), my brother Eric, and Sarah's husband Brad.

Grandma Tesch (my dad's mom) and Faith, enjoying lunch.

Sierra and Lily (Joy's kids) starting with treats!

Christian got his fill of treats, too.
At least the kids saved some for us!

My mom, sister Sarah and her husband Brad (and the back of Celeste's head).

Tony's parents, Lana and Larry looking at the "Hello, Cupcake" book Faith had gotten for her birthday. Anyone up for a creepy looking red ant cupcake?

Lily, looking sweet.

Sarah's boys, Noah and Brendon with Tina's youngest, Zach. Boys always seem to be drawn to electronic games, don't they?

Tony's sister, Tammy, gave Faith a beautiful set of scriptures and a case.


My mom gave her the dress, some scripture stickers and a beautiful charm bracelet. Lana gave her a darling necklace and bracelet.

It was such a neat day for our family and we were so glad that so many were there to support Faith! The reason that her baptism was two months after her birthday is that the Saturday before November's fast Sunday was actually October 31st, and for the December date both Joy and Sarah's families were at Disneyland. Faith loved having her cousins there for her baptism and they were worth the wait!

A special thank you goes out to Tammy and my dad for the pictures of that day. I got lots of great ones, but accidentally deleted them when I was transferring files on my computer. Of course I was heartbroken!! My dad got many great shots, but not one of Faith and Tony before the baptism. Tammy got that one, but her flash wasn't working correctly and it was dark, so a thank you to Paint Shop Pro, as well!

No comments: