Search

Popular Posts

Sunday, May 31, 2020

October 2019

On October 2nd we met up with grandma Braegger, Tammy, Chelsea & her family at Gardner Village for some early Halloween fun.






On the 5th I made taste treat delight, just like my dad made my siblings and I on Saturday mornings when I was little.


On the 12th we took a drive up the canyon to Taggart's Grill for the world's best carrot cake and some other treats and were greeted by this peacock.


Later that evening at Smith's, Bud tried on this cool costume.


On the 15th Faith painted this gorgeousness using watercolors:


Here is her first try at watercolor, an assignment for her art class, in a display class at school:


On the 17th, we got this horrific news about our Bishop:

It freaked me out and I had to take an hour off work to cry and hug my kids. Luckily, he had never acted inappropriately around them or anyone's children I'd heard of. Still, it rocked our ward and left a scar we are still trying to heal from many months later.

Took a picture on the 19th since I put the fall leaves above the cabinets this year:


I didn't get a picture of Faith's I.D., but here is her school picture this year:


That night everyone fell asleep early except me.


I looked at the clock, what the heck? Asleep before 8 pm?


On October 22nd Christian's school invited the kids to dress up like tourists for some kind of ribbon week. We later found out not many participated, but Bud certainly killed it!


That afternoon I had taken a few hours off work to babysit Melinda Townsend's baby, Trevor, while she took her toddler to autism therapy. The sign-up in Relief Society filled up so fast! He was so tiny and squishy and smelled so good my ovaries ached!!


On the 25th Christian went to a Halloween dance (what we used to call "stomps"), his first dance ever. He wanted a Captain Kirk costume because he'd been enjoying some OG Star Trek, but for the amount of money I was willing to spend we could only get this Data from TNG (used, off KSL classifieds), which was the same color. We did get him the old school communicator, though. He had a great time!

(Notice that he isn't wearing glasses--because he got contacts! He's doing the daily use ones that you throw away each night so I don't have to worry about him cleaning and storing them properly.)

October 26th I went with Kim & Brandi to Viva La Diva, Trick-or-Treat Diva!













Absolutely AMAZING! We had the best time!!!

On the 31st Faith asked Jonah to the Christmas dance:




She went to school in her Jack Skellington onesie pajamas, so she was all dressed up to hand out candy that night.






I made chili, cornbread muffins and roasted pumpkin seeds.

I didn't get a picture of Buddy, but he wore the costume from the pic above and went trick-or-treating with his friends and hung out with them.

No comments: