Search

Popular Posts

Monday, April 20, 2020

May 2019


On May 3rd I hiked to flag rock with my friends (left to right) Jodi Copa, Shelly Franklin & Rachel Milne. I didn't make it to the top the year before and was so excited to conquer my fears!

Cinco de Mayo was a little extra festive with a flag banner, fun plates,

and flan for dessert.

On the 12th I almost forgot my Mother's Day picture with my kids, but we raced out back while the sun was still up and Faith got this great selfie.

Obsessed with awesome drag queens, as usual. Here is a photo of Brooke Lynn Hytes that I took a screenshot of on the 13th because it was just too sickening (drag slang for absolutely gorgeous. LOL)!
 

On May 15th I left with Brandi, Merijo & Alison for New York City! I can no longer tell people that I was born in New York but had never been to the Big Apple :D

Here we are transversing the famous TWA tube at JFK airport (featured in the movie Catch Me if you Can). They made the old TWA terminal 4 into a hotel and so we just walked over to it.




It had just been mostly finished and hadn't even opened yet to the public. They were behind on getting enough rooms ready so we were lucky to get some!



On the 16th we woke up bright and early and took an Uber into town. We waited outside in line for awhile and then,

saw Ryan Seacrest up close while he shot a promo for the upcoming show of "Live with Kelly and Ryan"!

It was fun to see behind the scenes while they aired the show.

We got to see Johnny Galecki and The Bachelorette Hannah Brown.

Then we rode the subway to Central Park.

We explored for a bit





and ate lunch at Merijo's fave--Shake Shack.

Then back to the hotel where we got ready for the awards dinner. It was fancy, as usual.





That night we hung out with JetBlue execs including Kate Hart (who Brandi knows), then stayed up late in Merijo's room learning to twerk from YouTube videos :D

Meanwhile, back at home, Christian had his sixth grade Spring Fling which had a 50's theme.



May 17th back in New York, the girls and I hit the town to see what there was to see. We stopped for frozen hot chocolate at Serendipty

and tried banana pudding at Magnolia Bakery.

We checked out Times Square,

saw lots of sights from the double-decker tour bus,


remembered 9/11 at the memorial,

and ate the BEST PIZZA EVER!



That evening I got to see my first Broadway musical and it was incredible!



We stayed after to fangirl over the actors leaving through the back door :D


It was an amazing trip with some fabulous ladies!!

May 24th and I want to post some of Faith's paintings. She is such an amazing artist!



For Memorial Day on the 25th, we were invited to the Hodges' across the street for a barbeque. Tim made his delectable smoked brisket and we took macaroni salad and Snickers salad.

May 30th was Christian's elementary school graduation. Tammy made him this fun candy and butterfly lei.







His teachers were Mrs. Tate


and Li Lao Shi.


With his friend Gavin Shill.




I can't believe he is already so grown up!

No comments: