Search

Popular Posts

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A good article

I'm definately not a "breastfeeding nazi" but I consider myself somewhat of a "lactivist". I've had this blog entry from PhD in Parenting saved in my favorites since March and wanted to share what I thought was a good response to another blogger who is offended by women who breastfeed at restaurants:

Here is what it comes down to:

*I want to go out to dinner with my family. I want to feed my kids at the restaurant. This means the baby will be breastfeeding. I do not want to put a blanket over my child’s head.
*You want to go out to dinner with your family. You want to feed your kids at the restaurant. You do not want to explain to them why my baby is drinking from my breasts. You do not want to put a blanket over your child’s head.


You don’t want your child to see me feeding my child. Why is that my problem? Why should I stay home while you go to the restaurant? Why should your kids eat at the table, while my kid eats in the bathroom? Why should my child have to have a blanket over her head instead of you putting a blanket over your child’s head?

If you don’t want to see me breastfeed, it is YOUR problem, not MY problem. Period.

No comments: