Search

Popular Posts

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

The week before last was "TV Turnoff Week" for the elementary school, so Faith and Christian went Monday through Friday with no TV, computer, or video games (but Tony & I managed to sneak some in). On Tuesday, Buddy begged and begged to make cookies, so I helped him make these:

Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1 & 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbs. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
3 cups oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup Craisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter, Crisco, and sugars together. Mix in eggs, milk and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt. Mix dry ingredients into wet, then stir in oats, chips and Craisins. Drop by large tablespoonful onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.


My first cookie sheet full came out great. This was using my air-bake pan that has the double bottom with air between to prevent over-browning. Next, I put in my two regular cookie sheets full, so I reduced my baking time by two minutes to compensate. Two minutes before that, I smelled smoke and found that those suckers had already burnt! I even scooped them up and plopped them upside down on the cooling rack to show how bad they got it.

Note to my mom--when you ask me in a few months what I want for my birthday, I will not remember this and say that I don't know. Could you please put down on your calendar or list that I need another air-bake cookie sheet or two? Or instead, my friend Jenn suggested maybe trying a baking stone. My cookies & little cookie monsters will forever thank you!

And, although they did turn out very good, I later came across this recipe at My Kitchen Cafe that I may need to try next time. Also, I'm not a huge fan of white chocolate, so I think I'll leave that out and just double up on the craisins.

I only ate one cookie the day I made them and two the next day, I'm doing pretty well sticking to healthy foods. I'm now down 19 pounds, yay me!!

1 comment:

darce said...

Congrats on your weight loss, Emily! I was thinking on Sunday that you were looking good.:)