Search

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aren't kids (& pets) so precious when they're sleeping?

One morning last week, when I went to wake Faith up for school, I found this sweet, perfect angel instead. I just had to go get my camera and take a picture! It's so funny to me that no matter how much they act out/sass/pretend to be deaf the day before, all is forgiven in an instant when the image of your sleeping child melts your heart.

The next couple of days, I got pictures of the rest of my babies sleeping. Here's this little stinker snoozing away the early morning in my bed. Luckily he usually sleeps through the night in his crib and only wakes up and wants to snuggle after Tony has gone to work.



Here's Misty sleeping comfortably (???!!!!!??) in her number "6" position with her back feet resting on a chair leg. She has a bunch of crazy sleeping positions. Of course, she is a cat, so she's no amateur.





And Crumpet in her favorite spot--on top of the sofa back cushion. Don't worry, if you want to sit on the couch, she won't mind, at least not very much.

Faith was so excited to be starting soccer!! Here she is at her first practice on Sep. 4th.

She has a great coach who really works them and teaches them about the game. The day after, Faith said that she sure wished she had soccer practice every day! She was really looking forward to her "big game". I thought that maybe she called it that because it was her first, but later heard her talking about the other games and was calling them all "big games" :D

The "Purple Pixies" had their first game on the 13th because they had a bye-week on the 6th. Faith looked so cute all decked out in her uniform!

They lost 2-3, but had a fun time and did great both individually, and as a team. Faith was really dissapointed that she didn't make a goal, but I was impressed that she was always right in there by the ball and got in some good blocks and kicks. When the other team had the ball, Faith was one of only two who always ran hard to get ahead of it.

Christian had a hard time at the game. When we got there and Faith went out on the field to practice, he tried to follow her. I showed him the white line on the ground and told him that we couldn't go past it. He was so upset, he started throwing a fit and screaming, "line . . . line . . . LINE!!!!!" Then Tammy took him over to the nearby playground to distract him. Later on, he came back to watch Faith play, but kept defiantly touching and putting body parts across the line. What a stinker!

That weekend we also went to Arctic Circle to eat and let the kids play. Christian had fun stealing, and then wearing, Tony's ball cap.



He even plopped it on his sister.

.





We also went to Lagoon. It was still a little hot, but definately nicer than in the middle of summer!




We had lots of fun, but are also looking forward to Frightmares in October when they have up the Halloween decorations and trick-or-treating.







It sure made these two cuties happy!








1 comment:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I remember when Abbie was 2 and she was really going through the terrible 2's and I was overwhelmed by her. I would loose my patience and be a stinker myself and at night when I would go in and check on her I would look at her little face, so peaceful and innocent, and I would just cry. I call it nighttime mommy guilt!!! Sounds like you guys are having fun and staying busy. I love all of the cute pics!!!!