Search

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

November 2016


November 1st was Faith's 15th birthday! She didn't feel well, but we still celebrated with ice cream cake.

At Bunco on the 3rd my friends got ahold of my phone and I found this pic:

Here's some artwork & achievements I've been meaning to get pictures of. Here is Bud's animal diorama of a Lemur:

Faith's shading work from art class last year:

Christian's award for a Chinese competition:

his cute story:

more of Bud's art from school:

 




This quote hit home for me and I'm hoping I can get through to Christian with this:
On the 8th I volunteered at the school's book fair

and voted (not for Trump!! I chose the Libertarian candidate).

We got our trees up and decorated.

And was depressed that night when Trump was announced the winner. Had to find some inspiration.

At Riot on the 11th Tristan gave me her kids' leftover Halloween candy to fill the felties I was making for the Festival of Trees. They'd had quite the haul!!

On the 12th Faith was feeling well enough to celebrate her birthday with an awesome dinner

and on the 13th we had parties at the grandparents'. Tammy was frustrated by the lack of "dreamcatcher" themed party ware, but really made it happen!


Faith did amazing work decorating her cake.


And had fun presents and parties at each house.





On November 17th I took the kids to a musical at Davis High. We saw Mary Poppins!

On the 18th I finally finished (with the help of friends) my feltie Nemos and filled them with candy.

I just liked the picture I got that night of Faith looking at her phone (one of her favorite passtimes) and our family room tree.

On the 19th we went out for some family time.

The kids ice skated,

then we went to check out the new Farmington Cabella's.

Not as big or cool as the one down south, but still kind of fun.

The next day I read this about weight loss surgery and felt the need to respond:


November 24th was Thanksgiving.


Mom made the cutest apple slice & caramel dip turkeys!
We ate there and then again at Braeggers' and had a very nice holiday with family.

On the 26th we met Tammy at her office building to watch the Ogden Christmas parade from inside where it was warm. (I LOVE Faith's new coat, by the way)


We then went up to the roof to watch the fireworks, but were annoyed by the long wait.

We ate dinner at Lee's Mongolian and walked through the park.


Some snow and heavy fog made the trees icy and beautiful on the 29th.

And I love the real pine wreath we got at Costco this year.

No comments: