Search

Popular Posts

Monday, February 22, 2016

December 2015

December 5th I went to the festival of trees early with Brandi and we volunteered as hosts for three hours. In the afternoon, Tony and the kids came up and we toured the trees. The kids got scones with chocolate and Bavarian cream!
 
Loved seeing all the trees and the play house up for sale.
 
 
 
The 6th was Grammy's birthday,
 
and we also celebrated grandpa Braegger's, which is the 8th.
 
December 7th we went out to Chili's with a gift card I'd gotten from my work,
 
and then to the Terrace Play House to see Scrooge.
 
Here's a gorgeous sunrise from the 8th.
 
On the 11th, The kids decorated gingerbread snoopy dog houses. Faith didn't finish hers because she hasn't been feeling well, again 🤒
 
I saw this on Facebook, loved it, and immediately posted it to my page! Hardly anyone understood the reference 😠 (please look up "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and "Dennis the constitutional peasant" scene right now if you don't, either.)
 
The 12th was our ward Christmas brunch.
 
That afternoon, we rode the front runner train into Salt Lake.
 
 
We ate at Tucano's,
 
played at the planetarium,
 
and enjoyed the lights at Temple Square.
  
 
 
 
We walked over to the city Creek mall and saw the fountain show with cool fire:
 
And played on the new iPads at the Apple store.
 
 
It was a super fun outing!
 
Here's Skittles on the 13th trying to share her daddy's breakfast.
 
That afternoon we took the kids ice skating at station park.
 
 
Early morning on December 14th we got a lot of snow. While I was working, the kids were out playing in it and sledding on it! Here is my view out our front window:
 
Had to snap a pic of this snuggly bunny on the 18th.
 
On the 20th, Tammy Took the kids I skating again! Faith loves it and can never get enough!! I was so glad she had a few good days and could get some in.
 
 
On the 21st we took Faith to primary children's hospital to see a pediatric neurologist, Dr. Candy, who was recommended by her regular doctor.
  She had to have an EKG before starting some medication that we hope will leest manage her terrible chronic headaches.

We made a quick stop by taffy town and Christian had to make a funny face for the picture.
 
That afternoon after arriving back home, I met up with my Riot girls and we brought gifts to our trainers! Caught Kristin at home,
 
but had to go to Joann's fabrics to find Tiffany! (The beanies were their Christmas gifts to us)
 
That night we ate at Lee's Mongolian
 
and wanted to tour the Ogden Village, but it was too rainy and windy. Instead, we went to the Royse city offices and watch their big tree and little trees set to music. Even laid down the backseats of the car and had sleeping bags for the kids to hang out.
 
 
I got an early Christmas gift from Tony of a laptop and a printer. While I was working, Christian hooked up the printer for me on the 22nd. I love how big he is getting and that he's wearing a headlamp to assist him with this setup!!

I wanted to make sure that I put this palm in my blog book because it's one that I and my siblings all memorized and we were young:
 
And I didn't get to go to pack meeting because of work, but Christian became a bear scout 🐻
 
We put together neighbor and friend gifts on the 23rd. Here's Christian hamming it up for the photos:
 
We made Christmas cheese ball for them, added a variety of crackers,
 
and wrapped in pretty cellophane.
 
The weekend before, the kids had a sleepover with Tammy and Tony and I took a quick trip to Wendover. It had been years and years since he had been there, but he had points that we used for a free room, free buffet dinner and breakfast, and some leftover to go shopping in the gift shop!

 I had been wanting some mistletoe to hang by her front door, but ended up deciding on this beautiful "kissing ball" which I argue is not mistletoe because it doesn't have white berries!
 
Some cute gifts for my friends: (I somehow missed getting a picture of Jenn's fun treats that she made)

On the 23rd we went to this is the place for their candlelight Christmas.
 
 
 
 
 
Faith wasn't feeling well, so we just stop by Zupas for some soup and Christian got his crème brûlée all over his face!
 
He got home and finished his craft – – spreading peanut butter on a pinecone and covering in birdseed, then we hung it outside.
 
On the 24th The kids finished off their chocolate advent calendars. This is a tradition we do every year! When I was a kid we burned an advent candle, instead.
 
We took Skittles and finally made it to the Ogden Village to look in all the little houses.
 
 
 
 
Then we went to mom & dad's Christmas Eve party where we ate delicious appetizers and played some minute-to-win-it games.
 
 
 
When we came home, we took some family pictures.
 
 
And Dusty kicked back under the bedroom tree :)
  
Christmas morning came bright and early!
 
Santa brought Faith wireless earbuds and an alarm clock and Buddy a Yoda electronic toy.
 
 
The pets and parents were not forgotten!
 
We gave the kids something they really needed:
 
When we finally left the house, we went to the parents'. Mom enjoyed her special gift of Hillary Clinton toilet paper!
 
 
Here is one of mom's gift to me. I love how much effort she puts into her gorgeous giftwrapping!
 

 
 
 
 
 
Christian stayed up half the night assembling a giant Lego set. Here he is on the 26th--still in bed in the afternoon!
 
Unfortunately, this is starting to be me:
 
New Year's eve was fun, as usual!
 
After enjoying Chili's ribs, we played games and partied it up!
 

No comments: