Search

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 26, 2015

January 2015



Just something I found on Pinterest that made me smile :)

On January 5th, Christian needed to get a tooth filled at the dentist. He still clubs to go and watch movies while wearing the "pig nose."

Gas prices have been amazing! It's been near four dollars and I never thought we'd see it go below two dollars again.

After Christmas but before New Year's faith started feeling sick again. This time it wasn't only her stomach, but she was extremely tired.  She couldn't go back to school after Christmas break and we took her back to the doctor. She missed church on the 11th and our sweet home teacher, Rick Decker, brought these smiley face brownies and card to help her feel better.
when the tests came back, we found that she had mono. She ended up not being able to go back to school until the end of February!

Even though mornings were awful and she never had any energy, we did get her out a few times in the afternoons. On the 17th we visited Krispy Kreme to get her out of the house.

January 19th we made racial unity French toast breakfast, learned more about Martin Luther King Jr., read the Sneetches to remind us not to discriminate against anyone who is different from ourselves, Buddy made an MLK suncatcher out of crayon shavings & waxed paper, and I worked these Samoa brownies into the day's theme by saying they had many different skin tone colors (a stretch, I know).
Our Groundhog day celebration sucked this year because of my lack of planning and all we did was watch the movie, so I was glad we made this a fun holiday!

Tammy knew that we like these puzzles and gave us one she'd picked up on a trip awhile back. The kids put it together on the 25th.

I picked up some kippers at the store remembering that my dad and I sometimes shared some when I was young. Christian dared to give it a try it and said it wasn't as bad as he expected, but had a cat food aftertaste!

Due to Faith's illness, we didn't do a whole lot in January this year :(

No comments: