Search

Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Skittles!

I know my friends were a little caught off guard when I announced that we were expecting, but our little bundle of joy has finally arrived--meet Skittles!

Our family has been suffering from an acute case of dog-lessness since Crumpet passed away in September. Our hearts were broken and it took us awhile to heal enough to open them up again. Then, I knew that I would be training in Salt Lake full-time through the month of March and part-time most of April. I had been looking through the KSL Classified Ads for the last few years and hadn't seen many Yorkie puppies of the quality and breeding that I was looking for. I was seriously considering looking on the internet for one out of state this summer and using my new flight privileges to pick it up. I was so certain, in fact, that our future family member wouldn't be on KSL any time soon, that when Faith whined about needing a dog on April 6th  I logged on to prove my point.

Instead, I saw a post about this darling baby:

 With this gorgeous mama:

 And this studly daddy:

And they weren't even far away (lived in Uintah). And there was one little girl left. And she wouldn't be ready until May. Tony got home from work just as Faith and I were ogling the ad, and when he saw it, he called immediately. Next thing you know, we were piling in the car and driving out there at 8:00 pm on a Friday night!

The mama, Sasha, was even prettier in person and reminded us so much of our beloved Dutchess. But it was her personality that was the main selling point. She is so friendly and sweet, and just loves her some tummy tickles!

We left the house so quickly, I forgot my camera! But I did manage one crappy pic with my phone of our first meeting:

We put a deposit down, on the spot and set about trying to get through the next four weeks of the kids' (and our own) crazy anticipation.

The next day we started discussing names and had it narrowed down to three faves: Sasha (Tony had forgotten that was her mom's name), Precious (Christian loved that he could call her "my Precious" in his best Gollum voice), or Roxy (Faith and I just liked this one. Faith thinks this would be a good name for her if she had a "rocker girl" attitude). While getting votes from our extended family members, we mentioned that the Breeder's three-year-old daughter had named her "Skittles" and so many of them asked why that name wasn't in the running. It was their favorite! Pretty soon, it grew on us, as well, and we decided that she would be our little Skittles. Faith even ordered her an i.d. tag online that is a rainbow with sparkly clouds because the candy's tagline "taste the rainbow" is forever connected to our puppy.

We went to visit her on the 14th,



 and the 23rd,


 and the 28th,





and finally picked her up on May 3rd!


 We stopped at a nearby church for her to potty before heading home,

 and she had a blast chewing on a twig she found.

After attending Faith's final ballroom dance party/competition, we took her to meet both sets of grandparents. Somehow, I must have been too distracted to get a great picture of her with them, but Faith got this shot of me:

Here is some cuteness from May 4th,


and the 6th. The kids have been sleeping on our floor or the family room floor every night so that she can sleep with them. She must have remembered us from our visits, because she didn't even cry the first night home!


 On our visits after church, she wore a bow in her hair and met two of her great-grandmas.

 May 8th

 May 9th

May 12th. We took her to the Davis School District 100 Year Celebration and Kaysville's Baby Animal Days. She has been toted along with us to 95% of the places we've gone. We even sneak her into the grocery store in her purse/carrier!

 May 13th. Faith dressed her up in a matching polka dot dress.

 May 14th



May 16th


So there is our newest family member. We are having a ball with her and she is getting plenty of love (as you can only imagine). Let us know if you want to visit this little fluffball!

1 comment:

Parkinson Party of 7 said...

I am soooo in love with your new puppy!!!!! I'm so happy for your sweet family. I know having to lose your family dog was devastating. You guys all look like you are doing great and your new job sounds awesome! You look super fabulous!!!! I can't wait to see you in person!!!!