Search

Popular Posts

Friday, February 17, 2012

Proud mama

I had so many pictures of the kids' artwork and projects this fall that I thought I'd just do a full post on it. First up is a fall tree picture that Christian made at preschool in October. His teacher had the pasta (that is leaf and pumpkin shaped) set out with some half-sheet card stock and glue. The other kids just dumped a bunch of glue on the page and stuck the pasta into it. Christian asked for a full sheet of light blue construction paper and went to work while Miss Kelly and I were helping other kids. When he came over to ask for some cotton balls, Kelly noticed what he was making. She told me that he inspired her so much because of his artistic talent! I love that he has his own ideas and is so creative that he knew he wanted to make a tree with falling leaves, pumpkins on the ground, and clouds in the sky--and then did it!

These are some Halloween pictures that Buddy drew for me while I we were at a PTA board meeting. They say "C MOM" because that means "from Christian, to Mom." Here's a witch:
vampire killing someone and their blood coming out:
mummy:

One Saturday morning I had made Belgian waffles for breakfast and then I froze the leftovers. About a week later Christian wanted one for lunch, but he wanted to "make it myself." He figured it out, mostly on his own, and was so impressed with himself that he wrote out an instruction "recipe card" for us to keep. He dictated what he wanted me to write on the bottom:
Directions for making cinnamon waffles. Step 1 - get the waffle out of the freezer and break it in half. Step 2 - put it in the toaster. Step 3 - remove from the toaster with oven mitts. Step 4 - put butter in microwave for 2 seconds, then 3 seconds to make it soft. Step 5 - put butter on the waffle. Step 6 - open the cabinet. Step 7 - get out the cinnamon sugar shaker. Step 8 - sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar. Step 9 - it's all done! (Then it has a colored picture of the finished product)

For a school assignment, Faith had to write about something she'd done over the summer and she chose the Utah Shakespeare Festival. I love her writing!!


She also made this witch in school.

Buddy made this "haunted house" in preschool. I love the windows that open and you can see that ghosts are inside.

 These next two are crafts Christian made at home with recycled cans. The first is a volcano (??) and the other one is two creatures.


 This is a vampire out of toilet paper roll. If you look closely you can see his bloody fangs!

 Hand and foot print turkey from preschool:

Faith's "cube" book report. This is a poem with specific elements directed by her teacher,

 and here is another side with a picture.

One day Christian saw that I was about to put this milk jug in the recycling bin. He strongly protested saying, "I could make something out of that!" Sure enough, he did. Entirely his own idea. (I think Faith helped by cutting out the nose and mouth.)

 Buddy put on some of my lip gloss and kissed the paper, then proceeded to make a vampire out of it.

 Here is a compilation of October artwork.

Faith made this at school: a vampiress. It was supposed to have moving eyes, but she didn't get around to cutting out the eye holes yet.

 Miss Kelly cut out cat shapes for the kids one day and Buddy decorated this darling cat.

 The toilet paper tube guy is a "scarecrow" that Christian made.


No comments: