Search

Popular Posts

Friday, February 5, 2010

mid November to mid December

On November 14th we got our first real snowstorm of the winter! On the 16th, Christian couldn't handle it anymore (we'd been away from the house doing things the previous two days) and had to go play in it. Unfortunately, all the snow had melted but a bit on the patio furniture. Didn't stop him from enjoying the heck out of it, though!

The next day I got some cute shots of my cuties:

On the 20th we had a Thanksgiving party with Ann, Nat & kids. Unfortunately, I'd dropped my camera at preschool a few days before, and it wasn't focusing correctly. I managed to get only three relatively clear pics: the cute treats we made,

and my kids with the cute crafts Natalie had them make (filled plastic glove turkeys).


On the 24th I helped at the school for a Thanksgiving party. The whole second grade gets together for this every year and the teachers plan it instead of room mothers. They had the kids split up in groups and did six or so stations. I helped run the station where we did a "run while balancing a cranberry on a spoon" relay race!

On December 7th, a surprise package came for me. . . a new camera! A new Cannon Elph that Tony had ordered as my early Christmas present. To test it out, I got a shot of this very angry boy (poised to hit me with a toy car, but it's all just a threat--we need to help him work out acceptable ways to deal with anger)

and Crumpet having a crazy hair day!

On the 9th I went to help Faith's class paint a set for their upcoming opera performance. Yes, her teacher, Leslie Bertram, is so amazing that she helped the children write their own opera which they will be performing in February or March. She even had a set designer from the Utah Festival Opera there to show us what to do!
Faith was in charge of the lettering on the title banner.
Other than some chalk outlines for the fence and the tree trunk and telling them in general what should be included, the kids pretty much drew and painted the set by themselves!


Isn't it wonderful? I only got about one third of the set in this picture, I'll have to get more photos of it onstage when the kids perform.

On December 12th we had Ann & family and Natalie & family (minus Scott who had to work :( ) over for a Christmas party. We ate clam chowder, chicken noodle soup, amazing sugar cookie bars (brought by Nat who got the recipe here) and goodies dipped in the chocolate fountain. I'll let you guess what the hit of the party was for the kids:





The adults chatted and ate while the kids attacked the chocolate, and then some Halo games were played between Tony & Mike and Brody & Faith. We had so much fun! I am so thankful to have such wonderful friends.

No comments: