Search

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"E" Day

I see that a bunch of you clicked over to look at my preschool's new blog--thanks! Could I ask a huge favor of you? Would you please answer the polls that I have going on there? Just click HERE and look on the left side (you'll have to scroll down to see them all). I have questions about time, length, day, snacks and price for the preschool and it would really help me out to hear your opinions! I know most, if not all, of you will not have kids in my preschool, but I'd still like to pick your brains!!!!

We've been so busy with summer fun that I'm way behind again on posting. Hang in there with me!

Joy has been having letter themed weeks to teach Sierra the sounds of letters and asked us if we wanted to participate in the activities she had planned for "E week". Of course we jumped at the chance! On July 2nd we started out at the Tracy Aviary so Joy could get her yearly family pass which is $40 for parents and two children. In addition to the aviary, you get to go to the Dinosaur Park free during weekdays and the Nature Center & Hogle Zoo free on the first Thursday of the month. Luckily, we get these too with our Dino pass!

The kids loved the ducks and pelicans.

While we were walking over to see the eagles and the emus, I looked back to see that Sierra had taken Christian's hand, how cute! Buddy might not look that happy in this picture, but I could tell that he was loving it. He's always asking if we can go places with Sierra or if she can come over to play.

The kids were facinated by this grey crowned crane that tried to scare us away with it's puffy afro and wings outstretched. It reminded us of the crane in Kung Fu Panda.

After the Aviary, we went to the zoo to see the elephant show. We had just recently been to the zoo, but had opted for the bird show instead.

We weren't early enough to get seats on the bleachers, but we were early enough for the kids to get bored waiting for the show to start!


It was fun to see the soon-to-be-mama elephant do some tricks like fetching, holding different legs up and waving her ears. It was not fun to see that they made her lay down and then get right back up--this girl is 21 months pregnant for heck's sake! At the end of my pregnancies I would have just told anyone who instructed me to get down on the ground to just bite me, and I didn't go past 9 months ;)






Christian has a knack for awesome picture poses. The giraffe isn't the only one trying to reach something!












It sprinkled on us for awhile, but by the time we got up near the big cats, it was dumping buckets!! We spent a lot of time under the roof of the tiger exhibit before daring to venture out. Even though it lightened up a bit, we still got completely soaked!

We also took our time looking through the small animal building. Looks like buddy has a message for the porcupine. He was "Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations."




We started to dry off just before we left. Still, a fun day of "E" activities!

Unfortunately we were busy the next few days getting ready for a July 4th party at our house so we missed the rest of E week. Lily rode the elevator and escalator at the mall and got her ears pierced with elegant earrings. It would have been better with her aunt Emily!!

No comments: