Search

Popular Posts

Friday, November 30, 2007

We sure have been packing in the holiday activities around here! Sat the 17th we started decorating for Christmas. I hear you moaning in protest, and believe me--I'm with you!!!! Tony, as we all know, is crazy and his largest obsession is with Christmas decor inside and out. We put up THREE full sized trees; one in the front living room, one in the family room and one in our bedroom. Faith & Christian each have 3 ft. trees in their rooms, our kitchen has our 5,4 & 3 ft. trio of alpine trees and the plant shelf above the entertainment center in the family room boasts a family of its own trees pictured here.




On to pictures with the correct holiday theme: Thanksgiving! Faith made a darling Indian costume at school on Mon the 19th. It consists of a headband with construction paper feathers, maccaroni neclace, formula can drum and paper sack vest all of which she expertly decorated. The next day she came home with a pilgrim collar and bonnet. They had dressed up for school lunch Thanksgiving feast--Faith's first lunch at school!





The day before Thanksgiving I was busy cleaning and cooking my take-along dishes and I let Faith borrow my camera. She LOVES taking pictures! She got this one of Christian and I wanted to post it because he absolutely adores books. Tons of times each day he brings me a book saying "BUP, BUP!" and I can't help but drop whatever I'm doing, set him on my lap and read him the bup . . . I mean book.

...

She also took this picture of herself (the light blue things behind her are fairy wings).











Thanksgiving day was wonderful. First, here are Faith and her cousin (my sister Sarah's daughter) Alaura in thier costumes from school. Faith made the apron the day before at home entirely out of paper and tape.





Sarah had made these darling napkin holders with each of our pictures.


They were so cute!






The kids had a great time at the children's table, but Christian didn't eat much . . .










until Grandpa Peterson sat him on his lap.





We also had a wonderful dinner at Tony's parents' but for some reason forgot to get my camera out as much. I'm so mad at myself!! This is just after Tina put olives on Christian's fingers (and Tyler peeping from the background).
...
That weekend we did some fun activities. Friday Tony, Faith & I went to the Disney movie "Enchanted." We all loved it,it was so cute! Saturday the three of us went to the "Nutcracker Ballet" at Weber State which was excellent! Faith very much enjoyed her first ballet and felt like such a big girl.
...
Although Christian was left out of those two activites, don't feel bad for the little cutie! He had a great time with Grandma & Grandpa Braegger and Tammy on Friday and Grandma & Grandpa Peterson on Saturday, so he enjoyed himself as well.

Sunday night we went to the Ogden City park display and walked around looking in all the little houses. They also had done a tremendous job lighting the huge trees in the park.

After the park we went home, all snuggled up in the big bed and ate pomegranates.
...
Tuesday the weather changed!! I had been wearing short-sleeved shirts and sandals but then in came a storm that started laying down snow! Here are Faith and her friend, Maura, running home from the bus stop through the snowflakes.


And finally, here is Christian cleaning up his mess with the swivel sweeper. I had just been using it and he saw me put it away. Next thing I knew, he had it back out and was sweeping away! Now that I know he can do it I'll have to start putting him to work all the time!!


No comments: